After centuries spent hiding in the shadows, the Death Cult, known as the Endless Court, has become active and is wreaking havoc all over Telara. With the ward shattered, these nihilistic worshippers of death and destruction run rampant, dedicating their sorry lives to the will of Regulos the Destroyer. Led by the once great Ascended, Alsbeth, their operations have become bolder and more frequent, but what could they possibly be planning? New information and screens released by Trion Worlds today profile the Court’s bleak history and hunger for oblivion in Rift.
Adventure in the world of Telara as either a noble Guardian or technomagical Defiant and enter a dynamic fantasy where 8 primal forces battle for control in an ever-changing landscape. Build your own class using the Ascended Soul system, embark on epic conflicts that bring you into the story, battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat, achieve new heights of power by tackling epic raids, and so much more. See www.RIFTgame.com for more information.
The origins of the Endless Court
Six are the Dragon Cults, one for each of the Blood Storm, yet the most powerful and nihilistic of these cabals is the Endless Court. From the purest child to the vilest deviant, revulsion is the understandable reaction when one’s entire world is threatened with destruction. Yet some wretches fall outside understanding, people so twisted and perverse that annihilation seems a blessing. And from among their number come the cultists of the Endless Court. Offered a place in Regulos’s midnight realm, they trade flesh and breath for the hollow promise of power over the dead.
The Endless Court began as a conspiracy between two powerful figures during the time of the Blood Storm: the dark mage Alekor Devishnille and the warlord Mahr Rilthain. They say Mahr sacrificed his own children to prove his loyalty to Regulos and sever his attachment to life. Meanwhile, Alekor slaughtered whole villages to gather the components for his cruel rituals. These two were the first to wear the black robes of Regulos, rallying others to work toward Telara’s end, and their traditions were passed down through the generations. Even after the Destroyer was banished, his followers never ceased to haunt Telara.
They have moved as shadows in the courts of history’s great civilizations, always waiting for the chance to please their patron. Now and then their covens have been rooted out, leaving knights, duchesses, and great scholars all dancing side by side on a gibbet, yet somehow their order always re-emerges in time.
Since the Ward broke, the Endless have been stepping up their activities throughout Telara. Those cells that had hidden away for centuries no longer fear detection, as the great armies of Telara have all but crumbled. Worse, they are finding many new converts, as the threat of extinction left many mortals hopeless and drawn to a reward after death – a place in Regulos’s Endless Court.
Everywhere the Endless go, corruption spreads, and the Endless go everywhere. Hungry for sourcestone, their rotting hordes have taken over Deepstrike Mine. Meanwhile in Scarlet Gorge, their cultists murder the innocent to serve as an undead workforce. Hungry for power, they are using Caer Mathos—heart of the noble Mathosian Empire—as the center of their ritual to call Regulos back to Telara. Hungry for control, they have turned once-glorious Port Scion into a hive of corpses, ready to spill out and cover Telara. Hungry, hungry, never satisfied, the Endless Court seeks to be like their dragon, a great glutton that devours the world.
Behind every one of their sins is Alsbeth the Discordant, greatest servant of the Destroyer since King Aedraxis fell. If she is not stopped, she may even find a way to return Aedraxis to his disloyal kingdom. For what power has Regulos if not unlimited access to the wicked dead?
Love to hate
Regulos offers his minions eternal existence as masters of the undead. It remains to be seen whether he will keep his word or simply devour his followers once all opposition has been removed, but of all the Blood Storm, Regulos is the most honest about what he expects. Members of the Endless Court must embrace death – not the natural cycle of decay and rebirth, but the void of nihilistic hunger. There is no room in the Destroyer’s service for attachment to the mortal coil, or for love. How perfect that his slaves sever their attachments by sacrificing the one they love the most?
Initiates of the Endless Court must allow the cult to capture their dearest companion. During the rite of initiation, necromantic artifacts corrupt the supplicant’s soul and open their heart to oblivion by closing it everything else. As the ritual approaches climax, the initiate renounces their love for the victim and finally murders the poor soul on an altar to Regulos. Only when love and hope and joy bleed out on the black stone is the Devourer convinced the initiate is fool enough to stuff the whole world down a dragon’s gaping gullet, and jump in after.
Adventure in the world of Telara as either a noble Guardian or technomagical Defiant and enter a dynamic fantasy where 8 primal forces battle for control in an ever-changing landscape. Build your own class using the Ascended Soul system and embark on epic conflicts that bring you into the story, taking your RPG experience to new heights of achievement and excitement!
- Massive Dynamic Battles: Invasions unfold zone-wide, creating epic conflicts that bring you into the story! Save the world now alongside hundreds of other players, or fight later to reclaim lands from invading hordes.
- 8 Primal Forces: Creatures from the Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Life, and Death planes battle for control of the world of Telara! Two warring factions—the Guardians and the Defiant—face off against each other and fight extra-planar creatures as they seek to save the world.
- Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way Rift does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your play style—and have fun while you experiment!
- Choose Your Role: Each character can have up to four different roles, so you can choose different classes for every situation! You might have one for PvP and another for raids; or perhaps you want a high-damage or high-defense build. The choice is yours to mix and match as you see fit!
- PvP Combat: Battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat! Earn PvP ranks, titles, loot, and unique Souls to further enhance your character. Head to cross-server Warfronts and fight others in world PvP.
- Full-Featured: Guilds, dungeons, raids, auctions, crafting, a vibrant economy, Player vs. Player combat, and more!
- Deeper Gameplay: New features like Guild Quests and Artifact Collections enhance your gaming experience by giving you earned achievements that matter.
- Highly Accessible HD Graphics: Play a game that has stunning visuals on virtually any computer, even if your PC isn’t state-of-the-art.