TITLE Ship Simulator 2006 (AKA Ship Simulator)
US PUBLISHER Dreamcatcher
UK PUBLISHER Lighthouse Interactive
NORDIC PUBLISHER Lighthouse Interactive
ONLINE PLAY No
SCREENS ADDED: 08 Aug-2006
Official Fact Sheet:
Ship Simulator 2006 is a revolutionary new game that puts players at the helm of some of the most varied and detailed ships to be found at sea, where they will need to perform a multitude of tasks, all set within a stunning 3D environment. Players will take control of a wide array of ship types, from massive cargo ships to speedboats, yachts, water taxis and even the mighty Titanic. The waters you sail are also as varied as the ships, from the biggest harbours in the world, such as Rotterdam and Hamburg, to the calm aqua marine waters of the Thai Phi Phi Islands. Gamers will experience how challenging it is to steer the Titanic through shallow water, or just how it feels to navigate a cargo tanker or tug boat – including how diverse the controls are.
- Play with 8 different ship types, all with individual controls, in 700 km2 recreated harbours (Rotterdam and Hamburg) and tropical scenery (Phi Phi Islands).
- Gameplay includes 40 very different missions, from search and rescue missions, racing a speedboat, to towing a cargo boat through a narrow harbour entrance with your tugboat.
- Create your own missions using the mission editor and drag playable ships and tasks into one of the game environments and populate your harbour with cranes, cargo ships, docking areas, cars and cargo stacks (a total of 100 editable items).
- Exchange your own missions with other players on the special forum at the game’s website.
- Save and upload your mission time scores and compare to the rest of the world.
- Dynamic weather system including wind force and rain adds to the atmosphere.
- Earn credits by finishing missions or lose them by bumping your boat into other objects.
- Walk around on the Titanic. Experience the life of a passenger on board this famous ship. Enjoy the level of detail, modelled after the original design.