TITLE Men of War
DEVELOPER Best Way
US PUBLISHER Aspyr Media
UK PUBLISHER 1C Publishing
NORDIC PUBLISHER 1C Publishing
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
Men of War takes place in Europe during the height of World War II. The story unfolds across three different campaigns played out through the eyes of Soviet, Allied and German soldiers. Each campaign has its own structured timeline bringing a different story of the war to life spanning across Russia, North Africa, Ukraine, Greece, Germany, Italy and the Pacific. The main Soviet campaign sees two student comrades, Smirnov and Kuznetzov, join the army and quickly become brothers in arms as they rise through the ranks and experience the rigors of war.
Men of War will feature 50 new units to play, including newly designed tanks, APCs and heavy guns. Dynamic, in-game video enhances the single player missions, while developer Best Way has given the sounds of war new range with over one hundred new effects, recorded under real operating conditions. The single player campaign will also feature a fully customizable user interface so players are able to set-up their command layout as they please.
In addition to the in-depth single player experience, Men of War also unleashes all new multiplayer maps along with new ‘capture the flag’ and ‘high-value cargo’ modes, all faithfully recreated with stunning graphics and refined AI. A new rating system has also been introduced to ensure a fair fight in online multiplayer battles.
- Three evolving storylines in the Soviet, Allied and German armies, comprising 19 missions in total
- More than 50 new units to use in multiplayer mode
- Realistic models of armament and military equipment recreated in accordance with design drawings and historical documents
- System of ratings and statistics for every participant in multiplayer mode
- New nation in multiplayer mode – Japan
- Revised controls interface – customizable and easier to use
- New multiplayer maps and 2 new game modes
- Highly detailed WWII environments and characters faithfully recreated with a cutting-edge graphics engine