TITLE NHL 2003
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY No
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
The number one selling NHL® interactive video game franchise continues a tradition of excellence in its 10th year with NHL 2003. The most user-friendly, accessible, entertaining, authentic hockey experience to date, NHL 2003 delivers excitement and addictive speed from the moment the puck drops.
New users can select ‘Beginner’ skill level including audio tutorial cues for a fun NHL 2003 experience and features such as Game Breaker, ‘On the Ice’ sound and Dynamic Deke Control offer both new and old NHL users alike the total control, speed, and hard-hitting competition that every sports fan loves.
- Game Breaker – Perform dynamic dekes and score goals to build up the Game Breaker meter and once the meter is at 100%, users will find themselves in a zone with a visible advantage in dramatic moments such as one-on-ones. Surroundings move in slow motion, ‘On the Ice’ sound is more pronounced, intensity increases and plays will be dramatized with cool new replays.
- Dynamic Deke Control – Fun and easy user activated dekes enable users to trigger one of eight different moves with the touch of a button, or take complete control in order to create their own dekes.
- ‘On the Ice’ Sound -NHL 2003 will feature ‘On the Ice’ sound captured from actual professional hockey games so users will experience the authentic sounds of a hockey game from ice level, including chatter from the bench, players shouting, and sticks and blades scraping the ice.
EA GameStory 2 – New and improved EA GameStory 2 tracks and highlights player and teams stories throughout the course of an entire season. For example, a player with a hat-trick in a previous game will be under close watch to see if he can repeat his heroics in the next using cinematic camerawork, new replays, overlays, play-by-play, and color commentary.
- New Graphics and Animation Engines – With all-new graphics and animation engines, NHL 2003 promises to be the most visually stunning and vibrant NHL game yet.
- Improved Goalie AI – Goalies are the most realistic to date, making spectacular saves on breakaways and rebounds, including desperation saves and others.
- Customizable Gameplay – New users can select ‘Beginner’ skill level, including audio tutorial cues and adjust Gameplay Sliders that enable them to slow down the level of play as they get acclimated to NHL 2003. More experienced users can do the same by selecting advanced skill levels and adjusting Gameplay Sliders to speed up gameplay to their liking.
- 4 Game Modes – Four different modes including ‘Play Now,’ Season/Franchise, Playoffs, and International Tournament.
Audio Technology – Exceptional audio technology includes DTS Interactive (PlayStation®2), Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (Xbox) and Pro-Logic (Nintendo GameCube), and Four Speaker Surround Sound (PC-CD).