TITLE One Must Fall: Battlegrounds
DEVELOPER Diversions Entertainment
US PUBLISHER Tri Synergy
UK PUBLISHER GMX Media
NORDIC PUBLISHER GMX Media
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
Battlegrounds is an on-line, 3D, multiplayer fighting game. OMF:BG represents a serious change in the philosophy of making fighting games. Instead of 2 players facing off in a small space, Battlegrounds features up to sixteen simultaneous players in huge arenas, fighting in team battles or all-out brawls!
Our goal is to free you, the player, from the restrictions of the past, and allow you to fight the way you’ve always wanted to. Just like your favourite martial-arts movies, you can go toe-to-toe with several opponents, use nearby objects as weapons, and integrate terrain and hazards into your fighting strategy. We’ve missed an important detail: you get to do all this while piloting a huge robot.
Sometimes it’s hard finding somewhere to park the thing, but overall it’s worth it for the insane weapons systems and top-secret technology. There’s nothing quite like opening a miniature black hole to consume your opponents, or shooting out a stream of napalm the width of a 4-lane highway.
You pilot your ‘bot using a neural link, so you don’t need to worry about an airbag going off in your face everytime a punch or kick slips past your defences. And best of all, you aren’t liable for any dents and scrapes – after all, your sponsors are paying you to test their technology. Even if you get completely trashed, they’ll replace your ‘bot for the next match. Could it get any better?
- Multiplayer mode allows one-to-one or all out 16 + player mayhem via LAN or Internet.
- Cutting-edge 3D graphic and physics engine.
- Extensive melee combat system.
- Includes 8 robots: Jaguar, Force, Pyros, Mantis, Chronos, Katana, Warlord and Gargoyle each having their own fighting attributes.
- 12 arenas with unique hazards.
- Choose over 50 pilots, each with their own background, personality and attributes.
- Dynamic soundtrack to accompany non-stop action.
- Behind-the-shoulder view of the opponents.
- Ability to make a controlled recording of your play and capture screenshots.
- Option to play on a LAN, create a server, or play in single player mode.
- Game is modable; editor tools will be available after the game has shipped to registered owners.
- Includes Game Pad support.