DEVELOPER KDV Games
US PUBLISHER Codemasters
UK PUBLISHER Codemasters
NORDIC PUBLISHER Codemasters
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
Perimeters key game play elements deliver a challenging and rewarding experience in both single and multiplayer environments. These elements include strategic terraforming to acquire resources, projecting an impenetrable perimeter force shield to protect from attack and combat unit transformation through manipulative nanomorph technology.
Set in a future universe where Earth is dying, multiple civilizations are in a race against time to discover a new galaxy and colonize it for suitable living conditions. This epic journey shows players exploring new worlds as well as battling against other societies and indigenous species, all in an attempt to acquire energy and continue the search for a new home planet.
Game play is built on territory seizure, where players terraform diverse alien landscapes in order to extract vital energy supplies to power structures, units and the perimeter force shield. For the first time in RTS gaming, the landscape is a tactical participant in combat and base development as players and indigenous natural forces fight to change the physical structure of the game world.
The energy drawn from a planets surface enables players to build devices and collect further energy reserves as well as expand and defend their territory with a wide variety of units and structures. Ultimately, players acquire enough energy to activate a portal, transport to a new world and move one step closer to a new home planet before other civilizations beat them to the punch.
- Strategically terraform planet landscapes to extract energy to power units, buildings and force shield. Without power buildings, bases are susceptible to capture and immediately affect the outcome of game play.
- Deploy an impenetrable force shield when land and structures come under attack from hostile aggressors. The force shield will last for as long as energy reserves allow.
- Use nanomorph technology to instantly combine and transform basic units into more specialist combat units. Morph units, while engaged in combat, will suit any attack scenario.
- Control troops via command groups. Up to 250 individual units can be managed on a higher strategic level.
- 27 scenario driven missions, 30 morphable units, 24 structure types, 30 single player maps and eight multiplayer maps (1-4 LAN and online).
- Stunning visual environments utilizing a graphics engine rending over one million polygons per second.