TITLE Project Nomads
DEVELOPER Radon Labs
US PUBLISHER CDV Software Entertainment USA
UK PUBLISHER CDV
NORDIC PUBLISHER CDV
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
PROJECT NOMADS is a cross genre game that mixes gameplay elements of 3D action, real-time strategy and role-playing.
Huge, floating islands drift slowly through the haze of the clouds. Amidst these rocky giants, the player controls a flying Wizard Engineer. With his arcane powers and glittering, magical artefacts, he can build clusters of factories, power plants and defence facilities on these massive platforms.
Armies of flying machines, biplanes and zeppelins produced by the factories are controlled to gain the upper hand in the battle for rare resources and valuable artefacts. The floating platform is used like a battleship to explore the unknown realms in the clouds.
- Unrestrained flying through the breathtaking world in the clouds
- Visual design is a unique mixture of Jules Verne-style technology and supernatural magic
- Simplified user input model; easy learning curve of the games key features
- Seamless level transitions; no world boundaries
- Artefacts – one clear, simple and unified mechanism for building, trading, casting spells
- Player can take control of each of his vehicles
- Realistic and dynamic weather changes, day and night cycle, real-time lighting and shadowing
- Dense billowing simulated clouds
- Extravagant magical effects and combat spells
- Environmental eye candy: grass, plants, ground clutter, birds, motion effects
- Special high resolution graphics set
- Analogue input, force feedback and pressure sensitive buttons enables more immersed and satisfying flight feeling
- Broadband internet access allows to download additional game content