TITLE Rails Across America
DEVELOPER Flying Lab
US PUBLISHER Strategy First
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
Rails Across America is a game of railroad empires in North America, covering the period from 1830 to the near future. It is a real-time strategy with a sim flavor. Rails allows hundreds of tracks with thousands of trains crossing the continent. Players must focus on strategic decisions: Where to expand, where to compete, and when to call in favors from government officials, unions leaders, and other powerful figures.
- Up to 8 players in multiplayer over LAN or Internet
- Sophisticated cargo routing system enables large-scale play enabling hundreds of routes and thousands of engines
- Influences let you directly affect other players: cause a financial panic, start an investigation into the player’s company, instigate a strike, petition a city for route assignment or force independents out of business
- 58 different engines and cars
- Intelligent AI modeled after 8 real world rail barons
- Cities grow over time according to historical population data and have recognizable landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge or the Space Needle.