TITLE Rugby 08
DEVELOPER EA Sports
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
NORDIC PUBLISHER Electronic Arts
ONLINE PLAY TBA
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
This year EA SPORTS Rugby 08 introduces a layered pick-up-and-play control system for set pieces and drop kicks. Now you take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls. Make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified control scheme for the novice player and advanced mechanics for the pro. Master the new kicking meter to score those key penalties and conversions, while new truck and zoom camera angles zero in on all the breakdown and set piece action during the games biggest moments.
In addition to enabling gamers to participate in the 2007 Rugby World Cup by taking control of one of 20 national teams, the game features a new, compelling mode of play named World Cup Challenge. Testing even the most hardcore rugby fan, it re-creates the biggest moments in World Cup history and challenges you to re-write the results with todays teams to unlock exclusive World Cup highlight videos.
- Power your way through a grueling six-week campaign during the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France. Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user-friendly, in-game information hub.
- Now you can emulate the style of your favourite team with Authentic Defensive Formations. Adjust your defense on the fly to keep momentum on your side. Counter your opponents attacking style by changing your defensive strategy based on score, field position, and more.
- Replay over 30 classic moments in World Cup history using modern teams and unlock exclusive World Cup highlight videos.
- Take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls. Make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified pick-up-and-play control system for the novice player, or master the advanced mechanics to enhance your game strategy for the real pro.
- Use the new kicking meter to master your drop kicks and score those key penalties and converts.
- With an unprecedented level of customised camera angles, zero in on all the action on the field by zooming in on rucks and scrums. Have a clear angle of the uprights as you slot that game-winning convert.
- Play as your national side in its official World Cup kit as you go for the ultimate glory on the world stage for the Webb Ellis Cup.
- Scoring in single player action becomes more difficult as the action moves closer to the try line. Watch as the CPU tightens up defensively, forcing you to create more strategic ways to score.