TITLE Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix
DEVELOPER Raven Software
US PUBLISHER Activision
UK PUBLISHER Activision
NORDIC PUBLISHER Activision
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
The sequel to one of 2000s most innovative first person action games, Soldier of Fortune® 2 delivers the most realistic covert-operative themed game play experience ever with gritty intense action, mind blowing QUAKE III Arena powered graphics and a story rivaling a Hollywood blockbuster. Featuring advanced artificial intelligence and real-world weaponry, enemies and military devices, the game puts players in the role of John Mullins, a military consultant working for the top-secret anti-terrorist group known only as The Shop. As Mullins, players must tackle a wide-range of missions from hostage rescue and intelligence gathering to search-and-destroy. Additionally, in order to complete their objectives, players will make use of a variety of gameplay tactics ranging from full frontal assaults to stealth and subterfuge.
- Realism: Soldier of Fortune 2 simulates the real equipment of the worlds elite commando units. Locations depicted in the game are taken from actual political hotspots, and in some cases are inspired by the experiences of the actual John Mullins, a former Green Beret and military consultant.
- A sampling of locations in the game include: A flashback to Soviet era Prague, Terrorist strongholds in Colombia, A massive ocean liner en route to Tampa Bay, A Hong Kong prison, A top secret underground complex in Kamchatka
- Technology: Featuring an enhanced version of the QUAKE III Arena game engine, Soldier of Fortune 2 immerses players in the most realistic and gritty FPS gameplay experience ever. With Soldier Of Fortune 2s ROAM Terrain System players will be able to ride in armored trucks and tanks and operate fixed machine guns aboard moving helicopters as they battle their way through the worlds deadliest hotspots. Additionally, Soldier of Fortune 2s new GHOUL II technology takes realism to a new level. The animation and model rendering system of GHOUL II provides incredibly detailed skeletal animations including lifelike character movements and per pixel hit locations that allow ultra realistic damage modeling.
- Advanced AI & Mission Strategy: With lifelike AI the player will be continually challenged to use a combination of strategy, stealth and combat tactics as they attempt to complete their missions. A players actions will determine how the AI reacts (attacking/defending or stealth/non-confrontational), as well as the number of enemies that are engaged. Additionally, the type of opponent (Army, gang member, etc.) engaged will determine their reaction and difficulty level.
- New Tactics: In addition to the run-and-gun gameplay that made the original famous, Soldier of Fortune 2 features new stealth elements for alternate solutions. Players can make use of shadows to avoid patrols or silent weapons to prevent detection.
- Re-playability: Soldier of Fortune 2 remains fresh and fun to play even after the primary campaign is completed. The game features a mission generator that will create random terrain missions with set goals for a quick fix of action.