TITLE The Day After
DEVELOPER G5 Software
US PUBLISHER Strategy First
UK PUBLISHER Black Bean Games
NORDIC PUBLISHER Black Bean Games
ONLINE PLAY No
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
The game transports you to the frontline; with your maps laid out you can strategically place your forces, group them and position them for attack. In characteristic turn based strategy mode, each turn is limited adding an extra touch of realism to the experience. Non-critical elements like optional missions add to the depth of game play.
The Day After offers a deeply satisfying strategy experience with a great deal of combat logistics involved. The player needs to consider many various factors like available fuel resources, positioning of close-by enemy airfields and the remaining amount of moves in order to complete missions successfully.
- Alternative history, caused by the nuclear catastrophe, that happened as a result of the military solution of the 1962 Caribbean Crisis.
- Turn-based operation planning mode (TBS) and real-time tactics (RTS) of “Blitzkrieg” mould in one game.
- Dozens of scenario missions in 4 military campaigns for the USSR, Franco-German Alliance, China, and UK-US Alliance.
- New ordnance types: helicopter, missile forces, recon and sabotage squads
- Contaminated areas affecting the availability of ordnance and the combat ability of manpower.