TITLE The Regiment
DEVELOPER Kuju Ent.
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
NORDIC PUBLISHER Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
In the shadowy world of international terrorism one real name is feared: the S.A.S. Trained in the most realistic conditions and honed to a fine edge, the S.A.S. are the World’s most respected and feared counter-terrorism force.
Based on briefings and scenarios supplied by S.A.S. veterans, The Regiment is a tense, accurate simulation of close quarters combat. Lead four-man teams in assaults on terrorist strongholds. Rescue hostages held at gunpoint. Recreate the deadly climax to the Iranian Embassy Siege of 1980. Fight battles in Britain’s corridors of power in a daring rescue at the Houses of Parliament or tackle the nightmare scenario of a terrorist takeover of a subway system.
- An intense, fast paced first person shooter based on real-life tactics and procedures of the CRW (Counter Revolutionary Warfare) wing of the British Special Air Service (S.A.S.)
- Designed in collaboration with former S.A.S. staff instructor Rhett Butler.
- In-game video briefings given by John MacAleese – S.A.S. veteran of the Iranian Embassy Siege
- Real-time ordering system: Take command of an S.A.S. assault squad and guide them through brutal close quarter battles! Your mission – to save the lives of the hostages!
- Action focused gameplay from insertion to extraction! No need for tedious mission planning, as in real-life once the S.A.S. get deployed – negotiations are over!
- High realism AI – realistic terrorist, hostage and squad behaviour.
- Single player campaigns based on a variety of historical and fictional scenarios – including a recreation of the Iranian Embassy Siege of 1980
- Train in the world famous S.A.S. ‘Killing House’. Learn room clearance skills and perfect the dark art of double tapping!
- PC and PlayStation 2 multiplayer game modes
- Multiplayer team training – hone the skills of your multiplayer team before going online and challenging others
- Community based “The Regiment” web site featuring individual player and team rankings – compare yourself against the best of the best!
- PlayStation 2 voice-over IP support (requires USB headset)
- Powered by the UnrealTM Engine includes Karma Physics