TITLE The Ship
DEVELOPER Outerlight Ltd
US PUBLISHER Merscom
UK PUBLISHER Mindscape
NORDIC PUBLISHER Mindscape
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
The Ship blends traditional first and third person gameplay with a Sims-style day-to-day needs system including food, sleep and social interaction. An intriguing game featuring exploration, investigation, survival, stealth, and murder, The Ship is set on beautifully crafted, luxury art deco ships with highly polished interactive environments.
The crux of The Ships gameplay is the Hunt, a nefarious kill or be killed game engineered by your benefactor, the mysterious Mr. X. Each player is given the name of one of the other contestants on board and must hunt them down and kill them with any weapon they can find. Depending on the game mode, the winner is either the last hunter alive or the one with the most money in his bank account.
In order to be a successful hunter, it will be necessary for players to know their way around all of the liners, each of which has its own secrets. Among such secret features are extra weapons, hidden rooms, passages and tunnels, extra special ways of murdering foes, and environmental traps.
- Single player arcade, tutorial and story modes
- Online multiplayer gaming with up to 32 players
- 8 fully interactive, beautifully rendered 1920s-style cruise ships
- Extensive selection of murder objects and methods
- A.I. passenger and crew characters
- The only game where you can laugh at your own demise!