TITLE Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
DEVELOPER Frog City
US PUBLISHER Gathering
UK PUBLISHER Take 2
NORDIC PUBLISHER Take 2
ONLINE PLAY No
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove is the sequel to the award-winning Fun in the Sun Caribbean simulation, Tropico. As a Pirate King, rule a secret pirate island full of despicable 17th century Sea Dogs. Fuel your economy by plundering wealthy merchant’s ships and taking prisoners back to the island as captive workers. Keep your scurvy buccaneers satisfied with rowdy gambling, jolly feasting, and barrels of rum! World powers fear you, brigands respect you, captives obey your every command, and don’t forget about the wenching! Argh, thar aint nuttin like bein’ a Pirate King!
- Create your pirate haven according to your own style of play–build the ultimate in pirate entertainment, develop mighty ships and a weapons industry, or shoot straight for the plunder and become the richest pirate in history.
- Issue edicts to rig your gambling halls, provide free rum or beer to your crews, force captives to walk the plank, or even instigate a profitable war between the dominant world powers.
- Reward your buccaneers with the personal mansions and collect taxes as their estates improve. Grab the rest of their booty for yourself as your pirates spend their plunder in your town.
- Construct parrot aviaries to produce ideal pirate companions, assassinate unruly pirates before they stage a coup, and build massive pirate galleons to strike fear into harmless Caribbean merchants and traders.
- Use kidnap missions to steal the skilled artisans needed to develop your industry and entertainment.
- Raid nearby settlements for hapless captive workers, and take wealthy passengers off ships and hold them for ransom.
- Journey more than 60 years of piracy through 16 swashbuckling episodes that take you from humble beginnings and a leaky boat to mighty pirate havens, fleets of pirate ships, and a decisive role in the Caribbean.
- Pirates are people too – Meet Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, and Henry Morgan. Possessing distinct personalities, your unruly followers require profitable employment, plentiful companionship, and the best in pirate accommodations.
- Increase your pirate king hoard with an innovative economic model–the growth of your island hinges on your pirate’s successful plundering of unsuspecting sea-goers.