TITLE True Crime: Streets Of L.A.
US PUBLISHER Activision
UK PUBLISHER Activision
NORDIC PUBLISHER Activision
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
True Crime: Streets of L.A. for the PC will feature online multiplayer gameplay. Using either Gamespy or a Local Area Network (LAN), up to four players can join up and play any of five different multiplayer games. Drawing from the characters in the single player portion of True Crime, gameplay will vary from the Fast and Furious style of Street Racing mode, to patrolling the city and bagging the most criminals in The Beat. Other multiplayer games include hand-to-hand combat in Dojo Master, slaughtering opponents with new weapons such as a rocket launcher or crossbow in Battle Master, and Los Angeles wouldnt be complete without a high speed car chase. In The Chase, gamers can play either the police or criminal in a desperate race across the City of Angels.
- The single player portion of True Crime: Streets of L.A. for the PC thrusts players into the role of rogue Elite Operations Division operative Nick Kang, a no-holds-barred badass, whose brutal reputation and lethal skills have landed him the nasty task of taking down the Chinese Triad and Russian Mafia cartel that have turned Los Angeles into a war zone.
- Featuring a powerful 3D engine, the game allows the player to engage in a single player crime drama throughout 240 square miles of Los Angeles streets or challenge opponents in online multiplayer action modes. Gamers take part in explosive gun battles with double fisted firepower, devastating martial arts brawls, and high-speed shootouts.
- The games unique branching missions include locating hostile witnesses, infiltrating criminal-infested locations, taking out evasive informants and busting the heavily armed and deadly bad guys. Players can visit popular L.A. landmarks, as well as earn rewards in over 30 different training locations. Unlockables includes upgraded weapons, upgraded cars, more fighting moves and special driving abilities.
- Also in True Crime: Streets of L.A. players can unlock a special character – Snoop Dogg, the Dogg Father of hip-hop. When players unlock his character in Dogg Patrol mode, they can play as Snoop and roll through the streets in a custom convertible, complete with hydraulics, while looking for random crimes to solve and criminals to take down.
- True Crime: Streets of L.A. features an all-star voice cast of top Hollywood talent including Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman, Michael Madsen, Russell Wong, Michelle Rodriguez, Ron Perlman, CCH Pounder, James Hong, Mako and Keone Young. The games soundtrack features more than 50 original music tracks performed by such renowned West Coast rap artists as Snoop Dogg, Westside Connection (Ice Cube, Mac 10 and WC), Warren G, KAM, Jayo Felony, Boo Yaa Tribe, Easy-E Jr., among others. The soundtrack was produced by Bigg Swoop and Bright Riley for Vybe Squad Records and is presently available at music stores nationwide.