TITLE Warrior Kings: Battles
DEVELOPER Black Cactus
US PUBLISHER Strategy First
UK PUBLISHER Empire Interactive
NORDIC PUBLISHER Empire Interactive
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
Set in a fantastical medieval world where small Kingdoms struggle for supremacy in a chaotic land of knights, and demons, you are the ruler of a new kingdom, born from the ashes of a once mighty realm. To resurrect this realm to its former glory you must forge order out of chaos by uniting the fragmented lands into a single, mighty empire under the rule of one warrior king – you.
But first you must secure your own kingdom. Build castles to master the land, harness and exploit your resources to build and sustain your economic power and military strength, research new technologies, such as gunpowder and Greek fire, use spies and mercenaries, priests and merchants, ships and engines of war, to outwit and force your foe into surrender. Make and break alliances as you see fit, use formations and battle tactics to achieve victory – send your cavalry around the flanks of the enemies army, control the high ground to dominate terrain, lure the enemy into ambushes, destroy the massed knights of your opponent with pikemen and archers! You will also have to master the skills of siege warfare to triumph as you send catapults and siege towers against the enemy, and watch as your troops swarm over the walls and storm the enemies’ city, all in full, glorious 3D.
However, there is one final twist on the path to victory for a Warrior King: you must choose the path you follow carefully: will you take the Pagan, Renaissance or Imperial route? Will you follow a rigid monotheism, building upon the power of the church to call down Acts of God upon your heretical foes, or will you embrace the Pagan side and summon mighty creature from the spirit world to enslave your enemies? Or will you reject those paths, and choose to concentrate on Renaissance technology, and use gunpowder, bombardment, musketeers and mighty engines of war!
- Epic and unparalleled 3D real-time strategy gaming, immersing you in a fantastic medieval world without comparison
- Extensive improvements on the award winning Warrior Kings, with new levels, troop types, and game modes
- Advanced AI like no other strategy game! Computer opponents probe your defenses and find weaknesses like real humans
- Large strategic campaign with 22 missions and 50 varying AI generals – offering over 40 hours of single player gaming
- New “Valhalla” mode; build an army and take it to the battlefield against your rivals, without the worry of resource gathering. Complete a 30-60 minute game in single or multi-player mode
- Infinite play offered by the new Skirmish mode – play against 50 AI generals, all with their own personalities, strategy and history
- Terrain that matters! Strategically exploit the beautiful, realistic 3D hills, forests, valleys and mountains.
- Dynamically evolving game path. You decide which path to follow – the church with her crusading Knights, the elder gods, with their demons of destruction, or the technology of the renaissance scientists – each with different unit types and abilities
- Use real military formations and tactics to conquer on the battlefield: perform flanking manoeuvres, ambush and destroy massive formations using pikemen, archers and cavalry
- Highly advanced GUI enables intuitive play with positive visual feedback. This means less time clicking on units to see what is going on and more time laying down game wining strategies. Complexity increases with experience.
- Active/Passive LAN/Internet, play with up to eight players a game (human and AI). Participate in on-line tournament matches. Play full on multi-player games
- Over 35 building types
- Over 60 different types of unit