TITLE Whirlwind Over Vietnam
DEVELOPER G5 Software
US PUBLISHER Evolved Games
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY TBA
Official Fact Sheet:
Delve into the darkness and challenges of the Vietnam War in the brand new epic title Whirlwind Over Vietnam. As a helicopter pilot your missions will take you thru the toughest and most dangerous campaigns of the Ia Drang Valley 1965.
The War in Vietnam has become one of the most significant political events of the sixties. After World War II military technologies started developing quickly. One of the most noticeable changes was the all-round usage of military helicopters. Even now, after 40 years, the image of a Huey helicopter is one of the most typical associations with the War in Vietnam and almost every movie dedicated to this topic features these machines.
Whirlwind Over Vietnam is a helicopter sim that depicts the most famous episodes of the war in a movie-style way. The main events of the game are well-known to the audience due to famous books and movies dedicated to the War such as We Were Soldiers, Apocalypse Now, Hamburger Hill and many others.
The game features all the major weapons and military equipment of that period, both air and land – from firearms, grenade launchers and artillery to planes and vehicles on either side of the conflict. And of course, the main focus is on helicopters.
The game will contain all major American helicopters with modifications for both US Army and Marine Corps. The game is flexible and has a lot of settings which allow varied flight behavior for the helicopter from realistic to arcade. This makes the game interesting for both hardcore gamers and casual players.
- Story based on the events of the military campaign in the Ia Drang Valley in November 1965
- Different positions in the helicopter crew – pilot, co-pilot, gunner
- Unprecedented level of details – helicopters, vehicles, equipment, human models and environment
- Various mission types: fire support, fire coordination, enemy search and destroy
- Autopilot mode allows to change view and observe from different vantage points during the course of the game
- All major American helicopters with modifications for both US Army and Marine Corps
- Engine-powered cut-scenes and real Vietnam locations
- Persistent non-playable characters accompanying player (crew), skills development