DEVELOPER Westka Interactive
US PUBLISHER N/A
UK PUBLISHER N/A
NORDIC PUBLISHER N/A
ONLINE PLAY Yes
Media Screenshots: %SCREENSHOTS%
Official Fact Sheet:
The Y-Project takes place on a distant planet, 200 years in the future. For the past 70 years, man has been constructing a new home far away from Earth. Yet a savage insect alien threat has forced the population into a giant city protected by a vast dome. As the game begins, a swarm of mutated insects has breached the dome. Mankind must embark on a tense fight for survival.
- The player takes the role of an involuntary hero; one of the last surviving humans. His role is to rid the world of the insect threat, through any means possible. Throughout the game, two factions one Military, the other Scientific vie to enlist the player into their ranks by offering weapons upgrades, additional items and extra power. It is the players choice as to whether to switch allegiances and take the bounty or continue being loyal to one, losing the reward forever.
- Temptation plays an important part in the game as players decide which faction to side with. The leaders will continually try to convince players to switch; yet doing so too often will result in a lack of power on both sides. The key to success lies in a carefully-balanced path of alliances; and with some of the important items only appearing once in each game if you dont grab them then, they will never be seen again the replay value is immense.
- The player is always into the challenge to trust one faction, or the other and will always get totally different weapons and tools from each one of them as a reward. So it is up on the player of its own, to choose which faction he would prefer to follow.
- It is this conflict which really sets The Y-Project apart. Through their actions, players build up characteristics which will offer additional gaming options. More military power will gain access to harder, more explosive weapons. Scientific abilities allow players to resolve problems in a different manner. Multiple solutions are always available, giving players unparalleled freedom to play the game in a manner which suits their style either gun-ho or with more emphasis on quest-solving.
- The Y-Project is peppered with show-stopping set pieces which surprise at every turn; players will be constantly kept on their toes as the insect threat is revealed. Each insect class has its own way of attacking some climb walls, others fire lethal spikes. All are extremely deadly and not that easy to kill!