TITLE Ring II
DEVELOPER Arxel Tribe
US PUBLISHER Global Star Software
UK PUBLISHER Mindscape
NORDIC PUBLISHER Mindscape
ONLINE PLAY No
Official Fact Sheet:
Discover the Golden Age of Siegfried, as he slays giants, defies the great powers, wins the love of the Walkyrie, and brings about her downfall in the Twilight of the Gods.
When the heavenly spring tides rise, the last wild wolves stare at the pole star to celebrate the memory of their hero: Siegfried, a fearless wild man, child born of a forbidden love, who alone had dared challenge the Gods and forever ended their reign.
- CINERGY(tm) engine: Real-time 3D Characters & SFX on high definition pre-rendered backgrounds
- One of the most beautiful story ever told in video games “Ring of the Nibelungen” which takes its roots in the Scandinavian Mythology was first compiled by the brothers Grimm to serve later as a libretto for Wagner monumental opera. This legend was also one of the important sources for Tolkien’s lord of the rings (especially for the central problematic of the cursed ring of power).
- 24 Original characters (gods, heroes, villains, dragons, ogres…) and over than 25 main decors (dark forests, castles, harbours..), designed by Druillet in his flamboyant style.
- The visual identity of the game is totally unique and makes it really an author’s game
- 30 minutes of baffling cut scenes to sustain the epic rhythm of the saga.
- Game featured in cinemascope format with simplified interface.